Volunteer Marialena has shared this tasty and filling stew recipe with us.
This is my favourite recipe, especially during mid-seasons when theres not that much veg left! You can basically use any vegetables left in your fridge or cupboard that is going off soon or have been there from when they were in season or when you’re looking for a healthier and nutritious meal.
You will need:
- 1 Onion
- Peas or any legumes (you could easily swap peas if you don’t have any and use lentils, chickpeas, beans etc.)
- 2 carrots (or use turnip)
- 1 potato
- 2 tomatoes (could use tomato paste or a tin of chopped tomatoes or some tomato sauce)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dill (optional)
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Once onions are soft add the chopped carrots and the potatoes.
- Add your peas and a cup of water or enough water till the peas are covered.
- Add the tomato, salt , pepper and dill.
- Mix well and let the vegetable boil, until all the water is gone and the vegetable is soft.
- You can have it with bread or cheese or both.!
Enjoy !! ☺️
Text and stew photo by Marialena, ingredients photo by facilitator Helena